Ethnographic Research, Inc. COVID-19 Action Advisory Notice
Ethnographic Research, Inc. is committed to taking steps to protect the health and well-being of our participants, clients, and employees and to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in accordance with the expert guidance of the CDC and local public health authorities.
While our priorities remain focused on keeping our employees and communities safe and healthy, we are continuing to provide both full and modified uninterrupted delivery of services to our clients.
Outside of in-person participant interviews, fully functional remote working was already a common practice across Ethnographic Research Inc. for many years prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our systems are and have remained fully equipped and operational to perform all duties and deliver services.
During the height of the pandemic some modifications were made related to participant interviewing/interactions – like moving from in-person visits to online interviews. Currently we continue to offer both online and in-person research options.
In-Person Participant Research Precautions
Ethnographic Research, Inc. researchers/staff are taking the following steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 during any in-person research:
- All ERI and local/national health authority guidelines for safety are followed.
- All ERI research team members/staff are fully vaccinated.
- ERI researchers avoid physical contact with participants.
- ERI researchers always wear face coverings when interacting with participant(s).
- ERI researchers wash their hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after each in-person visit.
- ERI researchers take their temperature before arriving to any in-person visit. If it is elevated (100° Fahrenheit or more), participant will be notified immediately, and the researcher will cancel the in-person visit.
- If any ERI researchers or other staff tests positive for the coronavirus within fourteen (14) days of an in-person participant interaction, the participant will be notified.
Fully vaccinated Ethnographic Research, Inc. employees who must travel take steps to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in accordance with the CDC’s expert guidance for both domestic and international travel, including but not limited to:
- Wearing a mask on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation.
- Wearing a mask while indoors in any transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- If travel is to an area with high numbers of COVID-19, wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with any close contact with others who may not be fully vaccinated.
- Social distancing whenever possible/feasible.
- After traveling, self-monitoring for any COVID-19 symptoms; isolating and getting tested if develop symptoms.
Internally, we have committed to regular video meetings to remain connected. We will continue communications with clients to remain transparent with our ongoing approach to COVID-19 and maintaining continuous service.
More COVID-19 Information
For more information on COVID-19, we encourage you to visit your local government’s website as well as the CDC website, link is listed below.